General Requirements of Manuscript Writing
Guidelines for the author of the manuscript can be described as follows.
- Manuscripts written in Indonesian or English with single-spaced line density, Times New Roman 12 font, A4 paper size, two-column format, and last costum setting margin (top 2.54 cm; left 2.8 cm; bottom 2.54 cm; right 2 , 54 cm).
- The length of the scientific manuscripts should range from 6000 - 9000 words or approximately 10-15 pages, including any images, graphs or tables (if any) that accompany it.
- The terms in a foreign language or regional language in the text are written in italic.
- The literature review is not included as part of the article structure. Thus, the quotation of the important literature can be integrated in the introduction or in the discussion. The citing of the literature in the discussion as necessary only and which is preferred is the discussion of the results of the analysis of the data found alone.
- Manuscript sent via submit on www.ejournal.kopertis10.or.id after going through the registration process (register), and login on the website above. For those who do not submit through www.ejournal.kopertis10.or.id, can not be processed by OJS JIT system.
- Incoming script will be selected by the system and will be forwarded to the reviewer (partner bebestari) in accordance with the field of articles.
- Manuscripts already reviewed by the reviewer (the bebestari partner) will be returned to the author if a reviewer needs improvement. After the authors make improvements in accordance with the input and assessment reviewers, re-sent by the author.
- The revised texts by the authors will be reviewed by our partners, if the partner recommends that they be eligible for publication, the manuscript will be published online. If the partner bebestari states still needed improvement, then the script will be sent back to the author to be revised again.
Scientific Article Structure
In general, the structure of scientific articles of field research results and scientific articles conceptual research is relatively the same. The structure of scientific articles of research on 10 main parts are: (1) title; (2) ownership line; (3) abstract; (4) keywords; (5) introduction; (6) methods; (7) results and discussion; (8) conclusions; (9) thanks and (10) bibliography. The structure of scientific article conceptual research is divided into 9 main parts: (1) title; (2) ownership line; (3) abstract; (4) keywords; (5) introduction; (6) the discussion; (7) conclusions; (8) thanks and (9) bibliography. Each section is given an explanation as follows. (TEMPLATE CAN BE DOWNLOAD HERE).
A) Title / Judul
- Titles should be concise and informative, with no more than 12 words, including the liaison. In order for the title to be short and succinct in 12 words, avoid conjuncture and mention of very detailed objects, places or research materials.
- The title contains the key words of the topic under study.
- Times New Roman, 14, Bold, Capital type with single line spacing.
- Title in Indonesian or English, in accordance with the language used in the manuscript.
- Avoid using abbreviations, formulas and referrals.
B) Ownership lines (authorship lines) / Nama Kepemilikan
- The institutional affiliation of the author follows the place where the work is concerned.
- Authors' names should be people who actually participate in planning, execution, analysis of results, discussion, and report writing.
- The academic / functional or bachelor degree is not required to be listed.
- The name of the institution is listed in full to the country name, written under the author's name along with the postal address, email and facsimile (if any) for correspondence purposes.
- If the author is more than one person and comes from a different institution, then all addresses are listed by providing a superscript indicator starting from a at the back of the author's name in sequence.
- The name of the correspondence author is an asterisk (*).
- The author's name Times New Roman, 12, Bold, should not be abbreviated
C) Abstract / Abstrak
- The abstract is written in a concise and factual manner, covering key issues, key findings, novelty, future research recommendations, research methods, results and conclusions.
- Abstracts are written in one paragraph; Written in two languages (Indonesian and English); Abstract lengths ranging from no more than 200 words written in a single paragraph.
- Avoid referrals and unusual abbreviations.
D) Keywords / Kata Kunci
- Keywords consist of 3 to 5 words and or word groups.
- Written in alphabetical order.
- Between keywords separated by semicolons (;).
- Avoid many connecting words (and, with, who and others).
E) Introduction / Pendahuluan
- Avoid the sub-sub in the introduction.
- Introduction should contain the background of problems, problems and research objectives.
- Introduction must declare NOVELTY (novelty, originality, depth paper) by mentioning the unique distinction of this study compared with previous studies similar
- Introduction also contains GAP ANALYSIS supposed to be the fullest if the author can justify the importance of research and most previous studies have not focused on the research that will be examined by the author.
- The percentage of the introductory page length is 10-15% of the total length of a manuscript.
- References are indicated by writing the author's family name / last name and year of issue, regardless of page number. The foundation of theory is presented in complete, concise, and completely relevant sentences for the purpose of writing scientific articles.
F) Research Methods / Metode Penelitian
- Briefly summarize the materials and methods used in the study, including the subjects / materials studied, the tools used, the design or experiment used, the sampling technique, the variables to be measured, the data retrieval technique, the analysis and the statistical model used.
- Avoid writing excessive statistical formulas.
- If you use a well-known method, please state the name of the method only. If necessary, specify the reference source used as a reference.
- For qualitative research, research methods can adjust.
G) Results and Discussion / Hasil dan Pembahasan
- The format of the results of research and discussion is not separated, given the number of pages available to the author is limited.
- The results can be presented with the support of tables, graphs or images as needed, to clarify the presentation of results verbally.
- Tables and charts or captions are arranged in the form of a phrase (not a sentence) succinctly.
- Description of the image / graph is placed under the image / graph, while the title of the table is placed on it. The title begins with a capital letter.
- Do not repeat writing numbers that have been listed in the table in the text of the discussion. If it will suppress the results obtained should serve in other forms, such as percentage or difference. To show the number in question, just refer to the table that contains the number.
- In general, international journals do not want statistical languages (such as: different, treatment, etc.) written in the discussion. Avoid copy and paste tables of statistical analysis results directly from statistical data processing software.
- The discussion material mainly explores whether the results obtained in accordance with the hypothesis or not, and point out the argument.
- Referral citation in the discussion should not be too long (if necessary avoid).
- Citation results of research or opinions of others should be abstracted and written in the sentence itself (not using the exact same sentence).
- Similar research sets may be referred to in groups.
H) Conclusion / Simpulan
- The conclusion should be the answer to the research question, and is expressed not in statistical sentences.
- Written along one paragraph in essay form, not in numerical form.
I) Acknowledgments / Ucapan Terima Kasih
- Acknowledgments are generally placed after the conclusion.
- Contains gratitude to the funding agencies, and or individuals who have assisted in the execution of research and the writing of manuscripts.
J) References / Daftar Pustaka
General provision of bibliography:
- The referral system and bibliography must use the Mendeley program (www.mendeley.com), End Note (www.endnote.com), which uses the APA (Association Psychology of America)
- For research articles, references are referenced from about 10-15 articles of scientific journals.
- Updates of referenced scientific journals should be considered, at least as a result of relevant publications in the last 10 years.
- The bibliography is arranged alphabetically in alphabetical order of the author's name.
- Author name: the name displayed is the author's last name (surname) followed by the initial (and middle) name abbreviation if any). If the author is more than one person, then the way of writing is the same.
- The writing of a reference title begins with a capital letter only at the beginning of a sentence.
- Each writing of the name, year, article title and so on ends with a period (.) Before the next word follows. Special writing volume (number) of the journal is given a colon (:) without spacing. Examples of writing can be seen in the explanation of each type of literature worth mentioning.
- The manuscript should refer to or cite one or more Endurance Journal articles.
- References used at least 80% primary sources and 5 (five) years of publication.
Terms of referral writing by reference type:
If the literature sources are articles in scientific journals, written in the following order: Writer's name. year. Article title. The name of the journal. Volume (number): page (Journal name is skewed).
Cohen, E.B. 2009. Opening and Closing Ritual in Aikido and Karate and the Dismantling of Violence. Journal of Ritual Studies. 23 (1): 29-44.
If the source is a text book, it is written in the following order: author's name. Year, book title. Volume (if any) .edition (if any). Publisher city: publisher name (title of book in italics).
Arikunto, S. 2002. Prosedur penelitian suatu pendekatan praktek. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta
If the literature source is a translation book written following the sequence: the name of the original author. Year book translation. Title of translation book. Volume (if any). Edition (if any). translation. Publisher city: publisher name (The title of the book is italicized).
Steel, R.G.D & Torrie, J.H. 1991. Prinsip dan prosedur statistika. Suatu pendekatan biometrik. Terjemahan B. Sumantri. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama
If the source of the article in the collection of articles written in the following sequence: the name of the author of the article. Article title. In: editor name if there is Ed (if single) or Eds (if more than one) in parentheses. year. book title. Volume (if any). Edition (if any). Publisher city: publisher name (The title of the book is italicized).
Ancok, D. Validitas dan reliabilitas instrument penelitian. dalam: Singarimbun M dan Efendi (Eds). 1999. metode penelitian survey.Jakarta: LP3ES
Linz, J & Stephan, A. Some thought on decentralization, devolution and the many varieties of federal arrangements. In: Jhosua K (Ed). 2001. Crafting Indonesian Democracy. Bandung: Penerbit Mizan
If the source of the article in the proceedings written in the following sequence: the name of the author. year. Title of the seminar. Title proceedings. Venue for seminars. Time of operation (Article title is italicized).
Alimi, M.Y. 2011. When Religion fails to Nature Character Prosiding International Conference Ethics in Development. Semarang. 17-19 Juli 2011
If a library of unpublished scientific papers (eg theses, theses, dissertations and research reports), are written in the following order: author's name. year. Title of research report. Name of research project. City publisher: institution publisher / institution (thesis writing / thesis / dissertation / research report in italics).
Habibah, N. 2012. Manaqib sebagai Ritual Solidaritas di Grobogan. Skripsi. Semarang: Fakultas Ilmu Sosial Universitas Negeri Semarang
If the source is an article in a general newspaper / magazine, it is written
Following the sequence: author's name. year. Article title. Name of newspaper / magazine. City, publication date and page (Article title is italicized).
Syamsuddin, A. 2008. Penemuan hukum ataukah perilaku chaos? Kompas. Jakarta. 4 Januari. Hlm.16 Kukuh, A. 2008. Obsesi pendidikan gratis di Semarang. Suara Merdeka. Semarang 5 Maret. Hlm. L
If the source library is an online journal article, it is written in sequence: author's name, year. Article title. The name of the journal. Volume (number): page (The name of the journal is italicized).
Ernanda, S.E. 2005. Challenges to the modern concept of human rights. J. Sosial-Politika. 6(11): 1-12
If the source of the library is an online article (internet) with no published place and publisher, written following the sequence: author's name. year. Article title. Downloaded at website date address (Article title is italicized).
Levy, M. 2000. Enviromental scarcity and violent conflict: a debate. Diunduh di http://wwics.si.edu/organiza/affil/WWICS/PROGRAMS/DIS/ECS/report2/debate.htm tanggal 4 Juli 2002